Monday, November 21, 2005

Credit card offers opt out


I really hate credit card offers, do you? They clutter your mailbox and home. Do you want to get rid of them? Ill show you how to get rid of them, why I trust this method and how effective this really is based on my own experience. Currently I get about 3 per day. That's over 18 per week. I have to open every offer because I am not sure if its a legitimate letter. I suppose I am in a certain age range or fit a certain profile to get this many offers. I always put it off but I am finally putting a stop to this now so i can save some valuble time. I found this [site] run by the three credit bureaus that will allow you to opt out. Warning, it does want your social security number and other personal information, but they [the bureaus] have it anyways. I have seen many people complain this is a scammer / phishing site. I know its is legit because I learned about on this government [site] and others. I felt confident and I trusted them will all my personal info and I gave it to them. Does it really work? I signed up and here is my results.

One Week before signing up - 19 offers
Week two after signing up - 20 offers
Week three after signing up - 15 offers
Week four after signing up - 8 offers
Week five after signing up - 2 offers
Week six after signing up - 1 offer
Week seven after signing up - 1 offer

Apparently it works! This saves me about 10 minutes a week or 8.6 hours a year or 2 weeks of my life.

-Dwight

5 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1st comment! hahaha...almost a year later. Sorry, man. :-)

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks a lot buddy.

I'm doing this write now hope i get same or better results :)

cheers,
Mak

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I am doing that tooo... spammers .... I buy the garbage bags from my money and fill them with credit companies crap mails ....

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The number of credit card offers you receive doesn't mean that you 'fit a certain profile'. I know guy who is foreign citizen, has a student visa, has not paid his tution for ages, is not attending college and is working instead (illegally) and has a huge pile of unpaid bills and still gets tonns of credit card offers!

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and he is planning to get all those credit cards, use them and leave the country without paying them off:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home